14 juli 2012

Finishing up our trip around TMB.

As you all most likely heard yesterday was a black day for all climbers in Chamonix, 9 people died, 11 hurt or wounded somehow and still as few men missing. The mountains are alive. We do as much as we can to minimise all risks. A lot we add in to our calculation when entering this lively nature but yet, we can't effect everything. This time the avalanche hit the climbers around 05.30, roped up in teams of 14 they had no chance to escape.

I got back here today after a half day of hiking from Argientere in to Chamonix. This is a fast 4 hour but steep hike through Flegere. In town you could see a big different just from 9 days ago, lot's of more people, big climbing competition and after all that happend yesterday, many happy faces. Being back here again means we finished up our tour around TMB. Tomorrow we are of, maybe the weather will clear up so we can go climbing but the forecast dosen't look great, rain. And to be totally honest I don't concern much. Next six coming weeks I have one focus, to prepare from ÖtillÖ. Right now it feels good, I'm in way better shape then last year this period. The lap pool here in Chamonix might get a swedish visitor tomorrow. And when taking breaths, on one side see The Dru and the other side Brevent. Through work I'm getting free training and with having people and client's pushing and cheering me on I find it easy to motivate spending a lot of time training. After all, I love it so much so thank you everyone for giving me that support. My stomach are getting better finally, thanks to everyone who send me tips about what to do. What help was a bag full of plumes, that started the system again and after a night of pain and little sleep it was all almost gone the day after. It still comes and goes but that I can handle.

I must say, summer is here in Europe and The Alps is hot and sunny. Most people would claim I/we are living "the life", traveling from hotel to hotel each day, one day eating dinner at Michelin Star restaurants, next day having just white bread for breakfast. Not paying for much, a snack here and there maybe. Hiking for several hours a day, through the most amazing and stunning landscape, from one country to another, with wildlife, beautiful flowers, interaction with new people and kulturs. And after all, get paid for this. Just to slow down thoughts and imaginations, everything have up and downsides. We just try to make peoples holidays memorable. Now when most people are getting there time of, I want you to think about what you could do to make a stranger, friend, family or Loved vacations more special and memorable? I'm far away from being perfect myself but hey, dreaming and trying with curiosity might help someone to take that extra little steep to become something bigger! And what could be a better gift to someone? I think a lot about all people who is a part of my life on the trail. Here there is plenty of time for thoughts and I send them love and positive vibes, you are all importend and have a big roll in this big pussel. =)

Mike have been coaching me last couple of days training. He's a cross fit instructor back home in Telluride. This is the type of muscles I don't have, explosive muscles that are ready for fast - sprint exercises and activities. So after one day of 170 push ups and many minutes of core strange, one day of 30 sek sprints w. 2 minutes active rest in between 10 repetitions of the 30 sek sprints followed of todays one hour run I have to say I'm soooo sore in my upper body. Thanks Mike, this is exactly what I need in my training. We will be at 58 burpees when we end our next trip together in Engadine on the 21 of august. That will be a new record, so hang in there! =)

Rhone valley, one of the biggest and most famous valleys in the alps. From this valley you acces some well known ski resorts like Verbier, Saas Fee, Zermatt, Zinal, Chamonix and so one. In the summer vinyards are covering up the hillsides and the valley flor is covered with apricot trees. 

Mike with the Rhone Valley in the background.
 

1 kommentar:

  1. trekking in Nepal organize world wide listed trekking areas. Lonely planet and trip advisors recommended the Everest base camp, Annapurna, upper mustang etc. are the top ten travel destination in the world. Our agency mountain air guided adventures organize the best trekking in Nepal. Welcome to Nepal holidays trek package.

    SvaraRadera